Individual and Family Immigration Law

Get the latest immigration news from our team.

Get The Help You Need

Leverage Our Experience

individual immigration cases

Ramirez Hormaza immigration lawyers are specialists in individual and family immigration law services. They specialize in finding immigration solutions. Below are a few solutions we can provide.

Adjustment of Status

If you are currently living in the United States, you can become a permanent resident and obtain your green card through a process known as adjustment of status.

Marriage-Based Green Cards

After the Supreme Court overturned the Defense of Marriage Act, the Board of Immigration Appeals extended marriage-based green cards and Fiance K-1 Visas to same-sex couples.

Adjustment of Status

If you are about to marry a citizen, you can gain lawful permanent residence through marriage-based green cards.

K-1 Fiance Visas

If you are engaged, you can obtain a K-1 Fiance Visa. Once your fiance is in the country, you have 90 days to get married. Then you must upgrade the visa to a green card after the marriage.

I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence

AIf you were married to a legal citizen for less than two years, you are only permitted to remain in the country as long as you remain married to your spouse. A petition can be filed to remove those restrictions.

Consular Processing

If you are a permanent resident and want to petition the U.S. government to extend residency to your family members, you can achieve that through a process called consular processing.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, offers undocumented individuals who entered the country as children a path to legal citizenship beginning with a two-year visa.

U Visas

If you or a family member was a victim of a crime in the United States, you may qualify for a U Visa. U Visas grants non-immigrant status to a victim of a crime for up to four years. A U Visa holder can generally become a citizen after three years.

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows spouses and children of abusive U.S. citizens to apply for green cards independently of their sponsoring citizen.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

If you are a citizen of a country where it is unsafe for you to return due to extraordinary and temporary conditions, you may apply for Temporary Protected Status (TPS).

Parole-In-Place Program

All family members of Active U.S. Servicemembers can qualify for residency under the parole-in-place program.


Individuals who might suffer from severe persecution due to race, religion, nationality, membership or political affiliation may be able to seek asylum.


If you are having immigration issues, speak with an attorney as soon as possible to find the right solution for your circumstances.

Scroll to Top